This experience of being here in Glace Bay has been filled with fun and great conversations. Through the last five days I have had the opportunity to speak to some of the most loving and funny people; I have also been able to build stronger friendships and relationships with my teammates.  So far, the highlight of my trip has been looking into a culture that's so unfamiliar to my "Oakville-bubble-mindset". Unlike the far lands of the GTA, Glace Bay is the true definition of a community in which everyone knows everyone and cares for one another. Glace Bay has also made me realize the reality of the need for Christians to step out of their comfort zone and reach out to the hurt and the broken, who are everywhere. In the GTA it's, a lot of the time, so easy to close our eyes to the hurting people around us. Here, there are no closed eyes and because of this the desire to show them Christ is stronger than ever. 

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati