At breakfast this morning the campers all booed loudly when it was announced that we are all going home today.  One of the PORTICO team said, "I want to just stay here." 

 

It was great fun yesterday when the campers got to dunk the leaders. 

 

Here are some comments from the PORTICO team.

 

This week has been awesome.  I can really see God at work.

Darren

 

Hello outside world? Oh, boy, where do I start?  It's beautiful up here.  The mornings are absolutely gorgeous and the nights are even better.  I am so glad I came.  The kids make my day.  The bugs are actually getting better.  Go Eagles Cove!

Michka

 

Over the past 5 days it has been amazing to see God at work at Eagles Cove.  It was my first time here and I look forward to next year.

Paul R.

 

I have been puked on, had plates, bowls and soup thrown at my head.  I've been kicked, punched, and had stones and chairs whipped at me.  I've dealt with blood, urine and threats.  And yet I've still never been more convinced of the presence and purpose of God in this place.  These kids are the most amazing kids I have ever met and I have no doubt God has great plans for them.

Kristen

 

The wolf pack guys' cabin is the most amazing group.  It was awesome to be their cabin leader.  I will always remember each of them.

Paul T.

 

After I said my testimony, a girl from last year who was sitting beside me said, "That was the same story from last year.  Why hasn't it changed?"  I laugher and told her, "Well . . ."

Josh

 

Hello.  My name is Jonathan.  I am one of the full time staff here at Eagles Cove.  I want to thank everyone for their prayers and allowing their families and friends to come to camp!

Johnny

 

Over this past week God has truly shown His faithfulness.  We had almost all of the girls in our cabin open up about things that have been or are still happening in their lives.  While it was overwhelming, it's amazing to see that God is working in the lives of the young girls.  He is good and I'm learning so much more every day.

Anna

 

I thank God for the opportunity to be part of this work here at Eagles Cove.  The chance to share what He has done in my life with the kids has been such a blessing.  I came prepared to give but instead I received so much more from Him. 

Kevin

 

Camp has been fabulous.  The kids have been awesome, most for the right reasons!  The PORTICO team has been doing an absolutely excellent job in leading the campers.  They rock!

Bruce

 

The highlight for me is hearing the kids worship the Lord with their voices as they sing "Friend of God" and "Indescribable."

Joan

 

I didn't have to lose sleep in the cabins, and I'm not able to run in the activities, so I made desserts for supper and told stories at chapel.  I didn't have to deal with problems like our program director had, so I had time to think and pray.  Many children come with difficult stories; yet they are so open to God's love. They light up with hope as they hear God's truth through  people who care for them. We are now at home but my heart is still there. I wish I could see each of them all year, but that would be impossible because they come from all over.  It only takes a little seed and consistent caring to bring forth an abundant life. We planted many seeds and sent them home with God's Word (picture Bibles, Bible story books, Adventure Bibles and children's devotionals). I know that God is with them.  Please pray for the children, but also for the parents and guardians. So many stories would be different if the families knew God's amazing power to heal. Thank you for your prayers while we were gone.  Thank you to those who gave financial support to the team and towards sponsoring kids for camp. Bera sent a card home for the team where he said, "We can only thank the Lord for all of you. Thanks for being available to God to help us this week. Your work and effort is deeply appreciated. May the Lord's blessings be with you all. We love you all. (From Bera and Bonita and their family and the summer staff) 

Sue Carlisle

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati