Thursday is often a difficult day because leaders are weary from little sleep. Many certainly are tired, but it is good to see God working in the lives of the children. One of the girls on our team commented  that she didn’t really think that she would get attached to the kids, but she is attached and will have a hard time saying “good-bye” on Saturday morning. Three of the team wrote some of their thoughts for the blog tonight.

 

Darius wrote: “Even though it is a very difficult effort to try and keep these kids happy and entertained, it brings joy to me that I can make them happy. Even though these kids don’t cooperate, I have to realize that they are just kids and I will try and do all in my power to make sure they have the best time possible.”

 

Olivia wrote: “When I was feeling pretty sad and emotional, one of the young boys came up to me and was joking with me and told me to stop crying and completely lifted my spirit by making me laugh. It was extremely touching and special to me.

 

Rachael wrote: “You’d think one of the craziest girls is extremely happy. However, one night she opened up to me and told me how her mum passed and her father is in jail. This was so touching to me because her life is very hard, but she still has a smile on her face.”

 

I am only sending one picture because it takes 30-45 minutes to send because of the poor internet speed. Lois, Alysha, and Olivia got captured in last night’s game so they got thrown into the lake this afternoon (along with many others). They were good sports!

 

Again, thank you for your prayers. Several boys are asking me when they get their new Bible storybooks. They want to start reading! Thank you God!

 

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati